What is IBBY?
The International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) is a non-profit organization which represents an international network of people from all over the world who are committed to bringing books and children together.
- Promote international understanding through children’s books
- Give children everywhere the opportunity to have access to books with high literary and artistic standards
- Encourage the publication and distribution of quality children’s books, especially in developing countries
- Provide support and training for those involved with children and children’s literature
- Stimulate research and scholarly works in the field of children’s literature
- Protect and uphold the Rights of the Child according to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
If we believe that children’s books unite us rather than divide us, then IBBY UK is where you need to go.
IBBY UK History
About IBBY UK
Our aim is to promote the international aspect of children’s books by representing UK children’s books outside the UK and children’s books from around the world within the UK.